יום 1 Aquaba, Wadi Ram, Region of the Sand Stones and Oasis
On the first day we will visit the most picturesque area in Jordan. After crossing the border and joining the local driver we will enter Aquaba for a panoramic tour of the city, stopover at the “Big Flag”, lookout to the city of Eilat from “Jordan eyes”, free time at the market, delicious Humus at the “Muhandes” and we’re leaving Aquaba. From the Arava we will climb up the road climbing Wadi Yatam, to the desert heights, with looking at how the topography is utilized for human needs. At Wadi Ram, after the Movie audiovisual, we will mount on local jeeps, that driving in them, in their prominent age is an experience in itself. We will dedicate the remains of the day to the picturesque Wadi Ram and the fortress of the legendary Lawrence of Arabia. The Wadi Ram nature reserve is surrounded by sand stone ridges that rise to altitudes ranging from 600 to 700 meters. We will start the jeep tour at Lawrence spring and the Tmoden stone paintings, continue on to Sik at G’abel Hez’ali. After a brief walk we will enter the amazing Sik which rises to an altitude of 800 meters. We will reach all the way to its end. Along the sik we will get to know the Nabatian stone paintings and if we get lucky we will encounter some water in the water cisterns in the stone. We will continue on to the Arches Site located north of the G’abel and return in parallel to the G’abel Um Ashrin to the visitor’s center. after the jeep tour we will return to the minibus and via the desert highway we will climb Raas el Nakb, follow the old kings way leading to Rajjef, to a panoramic lookout toward the Israeli Arava. We will continue through authentic villages on our way to Wadi Mussa to visit Mussa spring and little petra the place that the Camel caravans stopped for the night.
We will stay for the night, including dinner, at a good class tourist hotel in Petra with included facilities of Turkish Hamam(Bath),
יום 2 Petra Sites
After breakfast we will descend to the Nabatian capital of Petra. We will enter the city through the sik, which is the narrow passage leading to the city site itself, and visit “Hazana” the Treasure, which has turned into the symbol of Petra and probably of Jordan itself. We will continue on to the theatre and to the royal tombs, and from there on through the Roman Cardo, to the temple of Pharaoh’s daughter. If you’re interested in learning the site to a deeper level you can continue on and climb the altar mount and G’abl Adir ) The monastery (or optionally, stroll around the Wadi Mussah market. Towards the afternoon we will mount the vehicle and drive along the kings way that Abraham followed. We will make a lookout to the grave of Aaron the Cohen, then return to the desert highway, head south through Wadi Yatam heading to Aquaba, the only Jordanian access to the sea. If time permits, we will enjoy some Humus or sweet Knaffe’e in Aquaba and then return to Israel? as the Hebrew phrase goes ? Tired but nevertheless content!
The day plans can be swapped in coordination with all the members of the group
additions and upgrades
· Supplement for a single person requesting a room alone 100 USD
· Supplement for upgrading the hotel in Petra to a luxurious 5 star hotel 100USD per participant subject to room availability and cost at the time of booking
- Supplement for replacing the hotel in Petra with a luxuri Bedouin camp including an air conditioner, shower and toilet in the room and a pool in the center of the camp 85 USD per participant subject to room availability and cost at the time of booking
· An additional 120USD per participant for accommodation in geodesic domes tents
· An additional 180USD per participant for accommodation in exclusive air bubble tents
The price is subject to price increases in Jordan on the day of payment
- Payment mode: Cash USD or NIS by USD selling exchange rate of bills at Discount Bank at day of payment
- During the trip we will drive in an air-conditioned tourist minibus with a Jordanian English-speaking driver that provides explanations regarding the sites and spots along the way. With over six trip members we will have an English-speaking tourist guide and a security policeman joining the trip.
- You do not need to own your jeep in order to join the trip!
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]